Tuesday, 15 November 2016

A new cardigan

A couple of months ago, it was still Summer, I designed a crochet cardigan for my book. Now that it is Autumn I love to wear it. In fact, I wear it almost every day! Our old house can be a bit chilly and cardigans are perfect for indoors. And although I can’t show it to you yet I had lots of positive feedback from people who saw me wearing it. One of my (many) cousins is now crocheting the cardigan too, as a pattern-tester. Yes, I really do love making cardigans. I decided I needed wanted another one, this time I am making one with Cygnet Grousemoor Aran. This yarn has 25% wool in it and I like that as it gives me warmth and comfort.
I chose the colour ‘Pine’, which I absolute adore. It is a slightly blended light green-grey-ish colour and I think it fits with almost every item you wear. First I started with the back part, in only trebles (US: double crochet / NL: stokjes). To some, that might be a bit boring to crochet, but I don’t mind trebles at all. It went really fast and after two days my back was finished. That I was a bit under the weather with a sore throat and a cold might helped here. I wasn’t in the mood to go outside and to work in the garden. So I had plenty of time to crochet.
Then I started with the two front parts. Not in trebles this time, but in a nice pattern. I really like how the pattern turned out and it has a lovely structure in it. Anyway, it's now time to add the sleeves so I'd better get on with it.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment