Thursday, 3 November 2016

The "Kreadoe"


A coffee before I go ...
For many women (and one or two men ...) the Kreadoe is the craft highlight of the year. The Kreadoe is a Dutch craft fair, I think you can compare it to the Knitting & Stitching Show in England. Last year I visited the craft fair for the first time, not only as a customer but also to find out if I wanted to be an exhibitor next year. Well, in the end it was a tad too expensive for our little web shop to participate. And so, this year I went again as a visitor. I arrived early at the fair and it wasn't very busy yet.
Book and beads.
Within five minutes I purchased my first item, a book. I have bought this book before but then sold it, because I thought it was too difficult for me to learn fair isle knitting. But I love, love, love fair isle-knitting, it is the reason I am learning to knit. And know I can knit, and fair isle-knitting, too! Of course I got lots of regrets after selling the book, and the sad thing was, it was out of stock! And they don’t print it anymore.
So, when I saw the book at the Kreadoe it made my day. What also made my day was when I wanted to pay the book I got a 50% discount. Ow, happy days! Really love this book. All I need now are some circular knitting needles.

I also bought some blue beads as I want to make some bracelets. They had lots of colours and lots and lots of different shapes. It makes you greedy, it really does. But I behaved, I only bought three packets. You could buy fifteen packets for ten euro’s but do I need fifteen packets? No, I don’t. I still have loads of beads in my stash, must use those first.
Lovely wooden buttons.
Something else that I really liked were the wooden buttons. They were so cute! I got ten (60 cents per button) of them, but if I had been a rich woman I’d buy more. Aren’t they the cutest? They'll be used for presents, but I'll keep the yarn ones myself. 
When I was a teenager I used to like to do cross stitch embroidery. It is something I would like to start again, but there is just not enough time in the day for crochet, knitting, embroidery … Still, I decided to buy a small embroidery kit, just for fun. It is actually a greeting card, but I think I’ll put it in a wooden frame and hang it on the wall. I didn’t buy any yarn as I have enough yarn at home and buying yarn from my suppliers is of course cheaper. And I am trying to de-clutter.
Club Geluk at Haakplein
You can walk for hours at the Kreadoe, but after two hours I had enough, to be honest. I am sure I have missed some booths, but I don't mind.
So, in the end these were my treasures after a couple of hours Kreadoe. The lovely colouring book I got for free. I am sure I can make someone happy with it ....


No comments:

Post a Comment